Sliphead Windows

Determine the types of windows and document their location and construction.
Site Admin
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: Portland, Maine, USA

Sliphead Windows

Postby johnleeke » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:08 pm

The lower sash, or both sashes, "slip" up through a slot in the frame header, into a slip pocket within the wall above the window opening. Also known as slip head, box head, jib and pocket window.

Drawing from Radford's "Brick Houses and How to Build Them", Fig.85:
Radford's "Brick Houses and How to Build Them", Fig.85
(click on image twice for close up view)

More detailed info here: ... t-windows/

Return to “Survey and Document Windows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest